Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Possible addition

So I don't think I've talked much about how I learned to sew.
  I promise this will go somewhere so just hang in there :)

I first learned how to sew in school making pin cushions, draw string bags, and such.  I did like it but never did much with it until I was in my senior year in high school.  I was very into anime and Japan and after a bit of saving I was able to go to an Anime Convention.  I was with a few friends of mine and some friends of friends.  One of these girls had brought with her an Asian Ball Jointed doll named Blaize.  I was instantly hooked!  These dolls were unlike any I had seen before, so detailed and they were so customizable.  When I got home I instantly went to google finding doll after doll that I would love to own.  But after searching I found one I had to have.

She was a Dollzone Shoyo and I knew I had to have her.  So after saving up for what seemed like ages she was mine!  I named her Maiya and it was the start of my collection. 

When she finally got home I realized she had no clothes and when I looked online a shirt alone was $10 and that was cheap.  So I dug out my old sewing skills and started hand sewing basic dresses.  I started to see that I really liked sewing and I started to try my hand at patterns that were free off the internet.  After a while I was getting pretty good and I decided to sell some of my items.


Surprising I started getting more and more orders and for Christmas of that year I got my sewing machine!  I tell you what I was never so happy!  I started right away sewing as much as I could!  Dresses, pants, anime costumes, slippers, I wanted to try it all!

Eventually though I started a new job that took up a lot of my time and my dolls and sewing have taken the back burner.  I only recently started to get back into again.

So now that you have read all that here is what I am getting at.  Would you or someone you know be interested in doll clothing?  Not just for the ABJD, but for barbies, American Girls, etc?  If there is some intrest I will probably start adding some doll clothing to my Etsy shop as well.

As always comments are appreciated!

Bright Blessings~


No comments: