Monday, January 31, 2011

Waiting for the storm

OK so I'm sure the whole USA knows but there is a snow storm that is getting ready to attack.  As of now (7:15pm Indiana) we are expected to get an inch of ice and then another 3-6 inches of snow on top of that.  The news stations are saying this could be one of the top 5 worst storms.  Ugh.

So good news I am off for the next two days when it's supposed to be bad.  That's the extent of the good news. Hubby still has to go to work, unless they A. Have no power B. There are no people coming in.  I'm kinda hoping that he doesn't go in but as much as I don't want him to we really do need the money.  Also not great news but I have a feeling I'm going to be called into work tomorrow night if someone calls off or doesn't show up.  Reason I would go is that I only live 2 miles away, so it's not as bad as someone driving 45min to come in just to be sent home.

So in preparation of this wonderful ice storm and the chance of no power, I have been cooking some no heat meals.  Well 2 that I had to do ahead of time.  I made some spaghetti with tomato sauce, something that isn't to bad cold/ room temp.  I also made some home made biscuits, always good cold with some honey.  Since we are down to $1.00 in our bank account going to the store tonight is out of the question.  Though with all the hype this storm is getting I doubt I would want to go anyway.  I hate being in a store and not able to hear myself think and/ or run into people every two seconds.

There is really not much to worry about, we'll survive.  Just probably won't be online much.

To everyone who is also affected by this, be safe!

No comments: